Wednesday, August 20, 2008

News

Once again, I hope this finds all of you doing well. I am still pressing on here with the task at hand.

Things have been really busy over the past couple of weeks. This is a good thing, because time passes much quicker when things need to get done. For me the time has been flying.

I have an update as far as my family and I go. We have received our next set of orders to be executed almost as soon as I return from here. We will be heading off to sunny Pensacola, FL for the next three years. I am going to be instructing at "A" School. This is a good career move for me. As things normally go, you have to have certain checks in the blocks to advance in any job. The Navy is no different.

I have mixed emotions about the move from VA to FL. On one hand, it is exciting to be moving closer to family, and the great beaches on the Gulf coast are a definite plus. On the other, after living in VA for the past twelve years (by the time we move), it feels like I am leaving home again. We have such good friends there it will be a hard move. Our house is there, which we will be renting out for the three years in P-cola. The best thing to come with these orders is the promise of three years with my family with no deployments thrown in the mix. That is what I am most looking forward to.

The hardest thing about being a Sailor is not the job, watches, or long hours. It is the time spent away from the ones you love. I feel like I have missed so much. Anniversaries, birthdays, a couple of Christmases, and numerous other events due to being deployed. I am looking forward to being there with them. My little Isaac is growing so fast. Jacob is becoming his own man. Both of these facts sadden me. I know that this is how everything works, but I still don't want it to happen so quickly. Time lost due to being away can never be regained.

Please remember all the Sailors, Soldiers, Airmen and Marines deployed in your prayers. Pray for them to come home to their loved ones safely. Pray for their strength in the missions they are fulfilling on behalf of our great country. Take care and be safe wherever you are.

1 comment:

Andy and Jen said...

We will definitely miss you guys, but we know God has great plans for you down in Florida! One of those plans will have to be a Weissinger family vacation to beautiful Pensacola!